Bankruptcy 101 for paralegals and other paraprofessionals practicing bankruptcy. This course will cover issues for both debtor and creditor practitioners. Topics will focus upon Chapters 7, 11, and 13, and will include issues to consider pre-filing, during the duration of bankruptcy proceedings, and after closure of the case.
- Debtor due diligence and duties;
- Creditor rights and deadlines;
- Risks and benefits of Chapters 7, 11, and 13.
- Pre-filing considerations and due diligence
- Followed by post-filing obligations and key deadlines
- Closing with emergence issues and follow-up