The beverage-alcohol industry is highly regulated and governed by a complex web of laws from multiple, intersecting jurisdictions. This seminar will introduce attendees to the regulatory landscape, three-tier system, prohibited trade practices, licensing and permitting process, and distribution models and agreements.
- Three-Tier System
- Tied-House and Trade Practices
- Alcohol Licensing/Permitting
- Distribution Agreements
- Historical overview of alcohol industry in U.S.; discussion of three-tier system and franchise system.
- Discussion of exclusive outlets, tied-house prohibitions, and thing-of value regulations.
- Discussion of licensing and permitting process, including federal permitting and state/local licensing.
- Discussion of franchise system, wholesale designation and brand registration, and distribution models and agreements