This course will cover the various types of business entities available to conduct business and analyze for the participants the pros and cons of each: Sole Proprietorship; “C” Corporation; “S” Corporation; Limited Liability Company (“LLC”); General Partnerships; Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Partnerships (“LLP”). In addition, there will be a detailed discussion on the benefits of holding the family business in a Section 678 Trust.
- “C” Corporations vs. “S” Corporations
- Sole Proprietorships vs. Limited Liability Companies
- General Partnerships vs. Limited Partnerships
- Family Limited Partnerships vs. Limited Liability Partnerships
- Sole Proprietorship
- Corporation Types:
- “C” Corporation
- “S” Corporation
- Non-Profit Corporation
- What is a Limited Liability Company?
- What are the Different Types of Partnerships?
- General Partnerships
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- How to Hold Your Family Business Entity Interest in a Trust?
- Asset Protection
- Estate Planning
- Avoid Probate
- Business Succession
- The Section 678 Trust and the Family Business