Cannabis regulatory compliance and risk management present a challenging legal environment for attorneys. In addition to complying with certain ethical considerations, attorneys who advise cannabis clients must understand varying state licensing structures, identify unique risks and appreciate how the state regulated markets operate alongside federal law. This presentation will help attorneys navigate the state/federal dichotomy, understand risks to financial institutions and related reporting requirements, recognize the current basis for most claims and litigation against the cannabis industry, learn the latest updates on the FDA’s regulation of CBD and other cannabinoids, and implement best practices strategies for cannabis-related clients.
- Status of cannabis legalization at the state and federal level
- Impact of COVID on the cannabis and CBD industries
- The cannabis claims and litigation experience to date
- Status of the cannabis insurance market
- Status of CBD regulation at the state and federal level
- Ethical considerations for attorneys who advise cannabis clients