Would your nonprofit ever decline a gift from a donor? Should you? Effective gift acceptance policies provide vital guardrails for nonprofit Boards and staffs as they pursue gifts and other donations to advance their mission. This seminar provides a deeper understanding of the what, the why, and the how of drafting and adopting effective gift acceptance policies. We cover the essential components of the policy, critical decision points, and approaches to ensure that there is buy-in throughout the organization. Leave prepared to create effective gift acceptance programs for your nonprofit and better equipped to advise your nonprofit clients.
- Purpose and role of gift acceptance policies
- Essential components of gift acceptance policies
- Critical organizational decisions on gift acceptance
- Donor Bill of Rights and conflicts of interest
- Understanding and navigating charitable gift restrictions
- Building buy-in