Starting a brewery, distillery or winery requires significant capital. Oftentimes this capital is found through the sale of equity in the business. This program will explore the history of securities registration and exempt “private offerings” with an emphasis on the recent changes to Regulation CF, the SEC rule governing equity crowdfunding.
- Understanding compliance issues for private securities offerings
- Overview of SEC Regulation D
- Reviewing the JOBS Act of 2012 and understanding how it changed the landscape of securities regulation
- State crowdfunding statutes
- How Regulation CF works including 2021 amendments.
- What is a security?
- Securities Registration Generally
- Exempt Offerings – Regulation D and State “Blue Sky” Laws
- The JOBS Act of 2012
- The Equity Crowdfunding Boom