Take advantage of this high-energy webinar and meet the requirements for Ethics and Professional Conduct Education.
Legal ethics will be covered including the function of ethics, the theory of utilitarianism, ethics in western civilization, positive laws versus natural laws, and the American Bar Association (ABA) Model Rules.
The session will also explore the client-lawyer relationship including competence, diligence, and conflict of interest (including current clients/ former clients). Additionally, we will cover expediting litigation, responsibilities of a partner or supervisory lawyer, professional independence of a lawyer, voluntary pro bono work, advertising, and disciplinary matters including reporting professional misconduct.
The webinar will conclude with applying the ABA Model Rules to case studies, the creation of a personal ethical model for the practitioner, reviewing the Seven Universal Principles of Ethical Thought.
- Review ethics and professional conduct for the attorney
- Cover the function of ethics and the American Bar Association (ABA) Model Rules
- Explore client-lawyer relationship, expediting litigation, responsibilities of a partner or supervisor, professional independence, pro bono work, advertising, and disciplinary matters
- Apply the ABA Model Rules to case studies
- Create a personal ethical plan for the practitioner
- Discuss the Seven Universal Principles of Ethical Thought