David Katz is a founding partner of Katz & Phillips, P.A. When you want a DUI attorney to represent you, Mr. Katz is the attorney to call. He is one of just three Board Certified DUI Experts practicing law in the state of Florida.
Mr. Katz has had extensive education and training in the field of DUI defense and today he is a trusted expert that provides training and education to others.
- Katz was certified as a DUI defense expert by the National College for DUI Defense in 2012. The National College for DUI Defense is the only nationwide organization accredited by the American Bar Association that confers board certification in DUI defense.
- Katz received training on the Intoxilyzer 8000 directly from the manufacturer during meetings with the company’s president. The Intoxilyzer 8000 is the only machine used in Florida for evidentiary breath testing and Mr. Katz is the only DUI defense attorney in the state with training directly from the manufacturer on its use.
- Katz is a featured speaker at local and national DUI conferences, teaching attorneys nationwide the trial skills necessary to defend DUI cases.
- Katz lectures on every aspect of DUI trials and on dealing with breath test results.
- Katz lectures attorneys nationwide on how to get breath test results suppressed and on how to raise defenses if results are admitted at trial.
- Katz was invited to become a faculty member of the National College for DUI defense in 2013 and he still holds that position.
Mr. Katz worked as a lead DUI prosecutor in Seminole County Florida, gaining invaluable experience in how prosecutors pursue DUI charges against defendants. After gaining more than five years of experience as a prosecutor, Mr. Katz decided to form Katz & Phillips, P.A. Defendants in DUI cases could benefit from the representation of a knowledgeable legal advocate.
Mr. Katz limits his practice almost exclusively to DUI defense. He has received many accolades for his work helping defendants in drunk driving cases including:
- Receiving Martindale Hubble AV Peer Rating Review in 2017
- Receiving a Client Choice Award from Avvo in 2012.
- Receiving a Client Distinction Award from Martindale-Hubbell in 2013 and 2014. This award is given to fewer than one percent of more than 900,000 attorneys listed nationwide on Martindale-Hubbell sites.
- Receiving a Preeminent Client Rating from Martindale-Hubbell each year since 2012.
- Recognition in Newsweek Magazine’s 2012 National Showcase of Leading Criminal Lawyers (Mr. Katz was the only DUI defense attorney recognized).
- Receiving a 10 out of 10 Superb Client Rating on Avvo each year since 2011.
- Recognition as one of Central Florida’s Top 100 Trial Lawyers in 2013 by the National Trial Lawyers.
- Inclusion in the Super Lawyers -Rising Stars Edition each year since 2013.
The extensive experience that Mr. Katz brings to the table to help DUI defendants means that those who are represented by Katz & Phillips, P.A. have a strong advocate on their side who has the legal tools to provide vigorous legal assistance.