This course discusses the at-times confusing rules governing transmission and exchange of HIPAA-protected information. Through four sections, this presentation informs and educates the attendees on requirements, updates, and various regulations requirements HIPAA, HITECH, and 21st Century Cures Act.
- General Information
- Discussion regarding general terms, definitions and HIPAA requirements when obtaining personal identifiable information.
- Outline HIPAA Requirements
- Discussion detailing specific HIPAA and state requirements when obtaining personal identifiable information.
- Outline HITECH Requirements
- Discussion detailing specific requirements and differences when retrieving personal identifiable medical records through HITECH.
- 21st Century Cures Act
- Coming this fall there are new wrinkles to gathering records.