The unauthorized use of sensitive information, especially related to reproductive healthcare, is making headlines. The intersection between the Federal Trade Commission, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and the U.S. Department of Justice is going to continue to garner more scrutiny. Additionally, biometrics cannot be overlooked. This webinar addresses the relevant cases and enforcement actions, as well as the relevant laws that may come into play, including HIPAA. A significant portion of the course also highlights compliance and how that may contribute to reducing a person’s liability risk.
- Explain the relevant laws, including HIPAA and the Federal Trade Commission Act.
- Provide a synopsis of enforcement actions, settlements, and current cases.
- Highlight key compliance areas and the role they play in diminishing risk and legal liability.
- HIPAA, BIPA, FCA, and the Federal Trade Commission Act
- Relevant enforcement actions and settlements
- Cases Currently in Court
- Compliance Considerations