Your company’s confidential information, trade secrets, and know-how are often what sets it apart from competitors. Yet you routinely need to work with and share your company’s information with others outside your company to grow and thrive: contractors, vendors, consultants, distributors, and other business partners. This 1-hour CLE will discuss practical strategies to protect your company’s most valuable assets—its intellectual property.
- Put a Plan in Place to Protect Confidential Information.
- Define What Information Will Be Sent or Accepted.
- Establish at Least Reasonable Measures of Protection:
- Non-Disclosure Agreements (“NDAs”)
- Confidentiality & Trade Secret Labels
- Documentation / Logbooks
- Limit Access
- Employee Training
- Require NDAs
- Secure Storage & Passwords
- Exit Interviews
- Document Destruction
- Follow Through on Your Plan