The course will discuss recent CMS guidance to surveyors in the most recently updated State Operations Manual in relation to arbitration agreements, the potential impact on long-term care facilities, best practices for use of arbitration agreement in these settings, the political landscape, training, and arbitration hearings.
- State Operations Manual Appendix PP – Guidance to Surveyors for LTC Facilities
- New F847 – Entering into Binding Arbitration Agreements
- New F848 – Arbitrator/Venue Selection and Retention of Agreements
- Recent Developments – Case Law
- Other Considerations and Issues in regard to Arbitration Agreements
- Documentation in relation to Arbitration Agreements
- Training of Facility Staff in relation to Arbitration Agreements