In this presentation, we’ll review the history of statutes and laws pertaining to the unauthorized practice of law, examine how those prohibitions affect a paralegal’s job performance, and discuss strategies for meeting attorney expectations without crossing the line into the unauthorized practice of law and while complying with our profession’s ethical responsibilities.
- Background of UPL in the US
- Definitions: I Know It When I See It
- What UPL Means for Paralegals
- Attorney Duties for Paralegal Compliance
- The Paralegal’s Ethical Responsibilities
- How to Avoid Committing UPL