The CLE course will review the recent changes at the U.S. Trademark Office, including those implementing the Trademark Modernization Act (TMA), and the impact of these changes on trademark applicants, registrants, and U.S. trademark practice and offer best practices for working within the new rules.
- Background regarding need for changes at the USPTO resulting in the TMA
- Influx of applications at the USPTO and resulting backlog, and how the USPTO is working to remedy
- Issues regarding digitally altered specimens
- Statistics on Reexamination and Expungement Proceedings filed to date, and best practices for filing
- Letters of Protest and Expungements at the TTAB