What you need to know to write an effective Summary Judgment (and other…) brief. What helps, what hurts, what to do, and what to avoid.
- What’s Your Point? First Know What You Want to Argue
- The Difference Between Saying It Right and Saying It Just Right Is The Difference Between A Lightning Bug and Lightning
- Turn Signals – Headings Are Important – Use Them
- Write For Your Audience
- Pour the Water into A Glass – Context First
- Introductions and Conclusions Matter
- How To Win and How to Defeat Summary Judgment Motions
- Persuasive Use of Legal Authority
- Grammar, Spelling, and Blue Book Compliance Count
- Passive Voice and Other Horrible Things That Can Be Done!
- Name Calling and Other Ways to Lose!
- Win With Short, Simple, Declarative Sentences
- Your Big Words Do Not Impress Me – Or Anyone Else